Tacoma Abatement Company is at your service for all your asbestos abatement needs. To learn more about the asbestos abatement process, we’ve compiled a quick guide to bring you up to speed on asbestos abatement professionals and how to make the best decision.
What to Expect from Asbestos Professional Inspectors:
Asbestos Inspectors can help people learn if their property has asbestos. Inspectors perform a number of functions:
- Inspect a home or building to assess conditions.
- Take samples of suspected materials for testing.
- Provide a written evaluation describing the location and extent of asbestos in the home.
- Advise homeowners on what corrections are necessary.
- Ensure that the corrective-action contractor follows proper procedures.
It’s important to note that the inspection should include a thorough visual examination and collection for laboratory analysis of samples. If an inspector determines that asbestos is present, they can provide a written report describing its location and quantity. Additionally, the inspector can give recommendations for abatement.
What to Look For in a Certified Asbestos Abatement Contractor:
Certified Asbestos Abatement Contractors are professionals that can repair or remove asbestos materials safely. Asbestos contractors follow these procedures:
- Avoids spreading or tracking asbestos dust into other areas of your home.
- Ensures the work site is clearly marked as a hazard area, sealing the work area from the rest of the house using plastic sheeting and duct tape, as well as turning off the HVAC system.
- Repair asbestos by covering, encapsulating, or removing the material entirely.
- Applies a wetting agent to the asbestos material that ensures that wet fibers do not float in the air as easily as dry fibers and will be easier to clean up.
- Dispose of all materials, equipment, and clothing used in the job in sealed, leak-proof, and labeled heavy-duty plastic bags.
- Clean the entire area thoroughly with wet mops, wet rags, sponges, or HEPA vacuum cleaners.
At the end of the job, you can request the air clearance sample results that provide you with the assurance from the asbestos abatement contractor that the affected area(s) is safe to occupy.
Why Choose TAC for Asbestos Abatement?
Now that you understand the roles of asbestos abatement professionals, it’s time to hire the best company to remove your asbestos material from your home: Tacoma Abatement Company. Call us today to learn how we can safely remove or repair asbestos so you can enjoy peace of mind.