ASBESTOS ABATEMENTSchedule Your Free Consultation.
Asbestos has been widely used in many building products because of its tensile strength and chemical and thermal resistance. However, asbestos is extremely hazardous to workers handling it and to others in the area when it gets into the air and is inhaled. Asbestos is a known human carcinogen that causes lung cancer and mesothelioma.
TAC provides safe and effective abatement and encapsulation services. Asbestos abatement is a set of procedures designed to control the release of asbestos fibers from asbestos-containing materials (ACM). Asbestos abatement is utilized during general construction in areas containing ACM, particularly when those materials are being demolished, removed, renovated, and/or repaired. Asbestos encapsulation is the process of coating the asbestos with a sealant which penetrates the asbestos, hardening the fibers and preventing the release of any asbestos fibers.
If a certified building inspector recommends abatement for your building, the team at TAC will work with you to schedule the project and ensure that the abatement process goes as safely and efficiently as possible in order to minimize disruption to your life.
The Asbestos Abatement Process: The abatement process consists of a number of steps, all of which are essential to ensure the continued safety of anyone in your home, building or structure.
- First, moveable objects are removed from the work area and then our team installs plastic sheeting on walls and floors to isolate the work area. This is known as containment or enclosure.
- After the area has been contained, all contaminated material are dampened and removed. In some instances, a decontamination unit with a working shower is set up for workers to use when entering or exiting the work area.
- All of the removed materials are placed in containers and taken away from the worksite.
- After all asbestos containing materials have been removed, all surfaces inside the containment will be wiped down and cleaned.
- Lastly, your building will be tested to ensure that all contaminants are gone by using both a visual inspection method as well as an air sample.
- Once the test indicates that abatement was successful, all equipment and containment barriers will be removed from your building.
- Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule your abatement project.